Last updated 10:56 AM on 15 September 2011
Parents play an important role in developing their child's reading ability. Here are six great ways to help with this vital skill.
- Together find information and interesting facts about things that intrigue or interest your child in books, magazines or on the internet. Read and talk about what you find out.
- Provide your child with plastic letters, crayons, pencils, chalk, pens and writing paper.
- Make things together and ask your child to read out simple directions (eg recipes while you cook together).
- Suggest that your child writes simple stories on the computer. Re-read and talk about the stories together or send an email response to them.
- Do crosswords and other types of word puzzles or word games together in books, magazines or on screen.
- Read the TV guide together from the paper or onscreen before watching a program
Parent Teacher Interview Feedback
Parent Teacher Interview Tips
P&C Mothers Day High Tea
National Day of Action
We are happy to announce ......
Congratulations Miss Zielonka and Mrs Reilly
EdWeek 2018 - theme and dates announced